Bloo House School Ofsted Report 2014/2015
Bloo House is very excited and proud to now be one of very few schools with an outstanding Ofsted report in Surrey. Please read on or contact us if you would like to discover more about our recent report, and also if you would like to discuss how we can provide a very special and unique educational environment for your child.
Summary of key findings
"This is an outstanding school"
- A warm and friendly school, where pupils thrive.
- Staff are proud to work at the school and parents say that their children are cared for extremely well.
- By the end of Year 6, standards are well above average and, as a result, pupils are very well prepared for secondary school.
- Pupils make rapid progress from their starting points and achieve extremely well in reading, writing and mathematics.
- The school has a strong focus on teaching English grammar so that pupils are able to spell words and punctuate correctly.
Pupils’ exemplary behaviour makes a significant contribution to their learning. This is because they feel happy, safe and valued by all staff. Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning and love being in school.
- Teaching is outstanding as all staff have consistently high expectations of themselves and of the pupils. This enables pupils of all abilities to make excellent progress. Staff set work at the right level for all pupils.
- The interesting and innovative range of subjects ensures pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- The Principal and staff team have worked relentlessly together to develop a school that is securely outstanding.
Pupils say: ‘Teachers are so creative, they give us so many amazing things to do,’ and ‘this is the best school ever’.
This is confirmed by their enthusiasm for learning and high levels of attendance.
Download the full report here: Full Inspection Report